1) Try to practise your bass guitar every day – Picking up your bass daily is a good habit to get into.
2) Play with your bass in tune! – Not tuning your bass is going to train your ear incorrectly and also you’re going to sound pretty bad.
3) Learn the bass guitar notes of the fretboard – Knowing where the various notes are is vital as a musician. Not knowing the notes on your instrument is like trying to type on a computer keyboard with all blank keys and no idea which letter is which
4) Have fun! – Forget just reading books and studying theory when you’re just a beginner on bass guitar. Learn some fun songs and bass lines and enjoy what you are doing.
5) Expand your ear – Try to listen to as many genres of music as you can. With sites like YouTube you have no excuse for not trying out new types of music because it’s free!
If you enjoyed this post or have any tips to add please leave your message in the comments section at the bottom of the page.